February is Quilting Month!
|We don’t want to go crazy with the analogies, but you know how the little pieces of a quilt come together to create something magical? We’ve been busy with all of the little pieces of Quilting Month and it’s going to be a wonderful month of fun here on the Sew,Mama,Sew! blog. Our resources, articles, inspiration pieces, interviews and projects for the month are sure to appeal to sewists and quilters of all skill and experience levels. It’s Quilting Month because quilting is a part of so many projects we love; the techniques we explore can apply to patchwork in a bag just as well as they can in a quilt (though we guarantee you’ll want to make a quilt by March!).|
You can look forward to:
- FAT QUARTER GIVE-AWAYS! Every Friday we’ll give away two packs of 10 fat quarters from Sew,Mama,Sew! We’ll randomly select the winners from all blog comments in the previous week. The first give-away is next Friday, February 1, so all comments from this point on are eligible for the drawings.
- A Quilt of the Day feature, sharing a huge variety of our favorite quilts.
- A Quilt Block Sew-Along! Every week we’ll share how to create a new quilt block. We can all make one in a big, virtual sewing bee and add our photos to the Quilting Month photo group. We’ll feature your blocks from the group on the blog too, with links back to your blog or photo set. We’ll have lots more information about our sew-along with our first block on February 1st but here’s your sneak peek: lots of 9-Patch variations, Log Cabin & Courthouse Steps and Pinwheel variations!
- Articles, projects, guidance and interviews from some of our favorite quilters including Jennifer from Moving Hands, Denyse Schmidt, Kathy from Pink Chalk Studio, Amy from Happythings and Gina from QuiltersBuzz and Threaded Pear!
- Top ten quilting books, batting resources, binding resources, information on quilting your pieced work, handstitching help and much, much more…
We can’t wait! If you’d like to help spread the word, feel free to use the button above (http://www.sewmamasew.com/media/blog/quiltingmonth.jpg) and link back to this post.
365 Responses to “February is Quilting Month!”