Women’s Clothing Month
Our board members, Elizabeth, Bethany, Irene and Beki, have been hard at work helping us plan Women’s Clothing Month on the Sew,Mama,Sew! blog. Do you have questions about how to measure yourself properly? How to select (and decipher!) patterns? Do you want to learn more about making a working muslin copy? About adjusting patterns to fit your body? Do you feel like you have a way to go before you master collars, seams, hems, darts, bindings, sleeves, zippers and the like?
You’re in the right place at the right time!
- On Monday we’ll introduce our month-long Sew-Along Pattern, brought to us in full multi-media glory by (board member) Bethany. It’s a wonderful smock top based on a vintage pattern, flattering for all body types and will help us work through a variety of fun clothing sewing skills.
- Head over to our Women’s Clothing Month Flickr Pool to share photos. We’d love process photos and images that share tips/questions related to women’s clothing patterns, in addition to your beautiful finished items.
- Grab our Women’s Clothing Month Button for your blog from the top or main page, and let everyone know you’re playing along!
- Sign up for our big, new “let’s try it!” Sew,Mama,Sew! Forum. Visit this post for a how-to. Each time we focus on a specific women’s clothing sewing skill we’ll start a corresponding new thread for questions and answers in the forum.
- Our Amazing Contributors are also set to help you all month long with informative articles and tips. Look forward to learning from:
- Jen from Red Instead BLOG
- Erin from A Dress a Day
- Lara from thornberry
- Jenny from wiksten-made
- Tess from Made by Tess
- The Sugar City Gals from sugar city journal
- Kayleen from flourclothing
- Mary from Confessions of a Craft Addict
- Bethany of Bitter Betty Blogs
- Elizabeth of Oh, Fransson!
- Beki of artsy-crafty babe
Are you excited?!
52 Responses to “Women’s Clothing Month”