The Great SMS Pillow Contest ~ Rules and Prizes
As part of a month full of fantastic pillow information and inspiration, we’re thrilled to introduce the GREAT SMS Pillow Contest! There are two categories in which you can enter your pillow:
- Pillow tops should be fabric sewn together to create a design, image or texture.
- Can be traditional or modern patchwork.
- Any type of fabric is ok (i.e. new or recycled, cotton or wool, etc.)
- Can include applique.
- Can include embroidery.
- The pillow can be any size or shape.
Words to Live By Pillow
- The pillow must include words to live by. This will obviously mean different things to different people. We’ve collected some inspiration photos for you as a springboard for your own ideas.
- Words can be applied in any manner (i.e. screenprint, appliqué, embroidery, etc.).
- The pillow can be any size or shape.
We’re looking for beauty, creativity, innovation, inspired stitching, great use of color, pattern & texture… Something to “Wow” everyone! Our guest judge Jennifer Paganelli, and our board members, Heather and Autum, will help us narrow the field down to 20 pillows in each category. We’ll post those finalists so you can vote for your favorites on February 25th. We’ll have a basic pillow tutorial this week on the blog so you can enter even if you’re new to sewing pillows.
- Pillows must be new, created between February 1-February 23.
- Edited to add: You can have up to two total entries (2 in one category or 1 in each).
- Edited to add: International entries are OK.
- To enter:
Send an email to email@example.com.
Use PILLOW CONTEST as the subject.
Attach one good photo of your pillow, no larger than 500 px wide.
You can include a brief story about your pillow, or a link to a blog post if you’ve written about it there. You can also link to a location where we can find more photos.
- Tips: Take a good picture with natural light. Share the inspiration behind your design. Give your pillow a snazzy name… Jazz it all up a bit to make it fun!
Robert Kaufman Fabrics, Reliable, Downlite and Jennifer Paganelli of Sis Boom are our Pillow Month sponsors, and they have provided some really incredible prizes for you to win in our Pillow Contest!
|First Place Prize in both contest categories
Reliable Velocity V50
With its patented two heating element design, the Velocity won’t let you down. For sewers and quilters, the Steam Ready feature means the Velocity will be ready to work when you are.
|Second Place Prizes
The second place winner in the Pieced Pillow category will win a fat quarter pack of the complete collection of Betty Dear by Darlene Zimmerman, courtesy of Robert Kaufman.
The second place winner in the Words to Live By category will win a fat quarter pack of Night & Day in the Summer Colorstory, courtesy of Robert Kaufman.
|Third Place Prize in both contest categories|
|First, Second and Third Place prizes in both categories
Downlite is a premiere manufacturer of down and feather bedding, including unique and quality pillow forms perfect for your next sewing project. DOWNLITE now has novelty pillow forms in three funky shapes including spheres, triangles, and cubes. They are made here, in the USA, of Hypoallergenic materials (10% White Goose Down, 90% White Goose Feathers). All three shapes come in three varying sizes ranging from 12 inches to 16 inches. Learn more on the Downlite Facebook page, or follow @downlite on Twitter!
The two first place winners will receive a 16″ cube, the two second place winners will receive a 14″ cube and the two third place winners will receive a 12″ cube.
|First, Second and Third Place Prizes in both categories
The two first place winners will receive a $25 gift certificate to SMS, the two second place winners a $20 gift certificate and the two third place winners a $15 gift certificate.
77 Responses to “The Great SMS Pillow Contest ~ Rules and Prizes”