Free Pumpkin Pie Pattern + Giveaway from Heart-Felt Holidays
Today you get a sneak peak at Amanda Carestio’s upcoming book for Lark Crafts, Heart-Felt Holidays. Heart-Felt Holidays doesn’t come out until spring, but you get a free project from the book today!
The book is a follow-up to last year’s popular Fa la la la Felt, and offers 40 projects from favorite artists like Aimee Ray (author of the Doodle Stitching books!). The felt projects help you create holiday-themed decorations all year long.
Today’s felt Pumpkin Pie in the Sky project (the book cover pie!) was designed by Aimee Ray. Download the PDF pattern and learn how to stitch it up below. You could make an entire pie by Thanksgiving! Aimee and Amanda are offering this actual piece of pumpkin pie stitched by Aimee as a giveaway today… Comment on today’s post for your chance to win, and be sure to pre-order Heart-Felt Holidays!
Pumpkin Pie in the Sky from Heart-Felt Holidays
Designer: Aimee Ray
Yum! Tuck a name card between the whipped cream and the crust and you can use these pie slices as place card holders.
What You Need
- Pumpkin orange, tan, and cream felt, 9 x 12 inches (22.9 x 30.5 cm) each
- Brown embroidery floss
- White, orange, and tan thread
What You Do
1. Using the templates, cut two side pieces and one top piece from the pumpkin orange felt. Cut one bottom piece and one crust piece from the tan felt. Cut one whipped cream piece from the cream felt.
2. To embroider the swirl designs on each side piece, first trace the embroidery pattern onto the tissue paper, and then pin it securely in place onto the felt piece. Embroider the designs through both the tissue paper and the felt, using the brown floss and the lazy daisy and split stem stitch. Tear away the tissue paper. You may need to use a needle or tweezers to pull out little pieces from underneath your stitches.
3. To make the whipped cream, use the white thread to make a stitch in each top corner and then gather the thread together. Pull the thread down through the center of the circle and tie a knot underneath. Stitch this piece onto the top pie piece.
4. Stitch the top, sides, and bottom pie pieces together using the whipstitch and the orange thread. Stuff the pie firmly, but not enough so the sides bulge. Stitch on the back crust piece using the whipstitch and the tan thread.
170 Responses to “Free Pumpkin Pie Pattern + Giveaway from Heart-Felt Holidays”