QuiltCon Link Party ~ 5 Things About Me
The Modern Quilt Guild started a link party for people going to QuiltCon. They’ve asked us to post a photo so we might recognize each other and also share 5 things you might not know. I’ve really enjoyed reading many of the other posts, so I thought I’d play along.
Hey, I’m Kristin Link
1. I try to read at least one book a week. I use the term “read” loosely–audio books count as far as I’m concerned. (You can follow me on Goodreads if you like mysteries, historical fiction, and the occasional sugary YA.)
2. I’m a binge sewist. I will sew a lot for a couple of weeks, then I might not sew again for a month. I like to finish a handful of projects, then put everything out of my sight for awhile.
3. I am on The World’s Slowest Weight Loss Program. Seven and half years ago I set a goal of getting from a size 18 to a size 8. I’m a comfortable 10 now and hope to reach my goal by June when I hit the EIGHT YEAR mark. Seriously, people, I have been losing an average of 5 lbs a year, which is less than 7 ounces a month! I’m not going to sell any weight loss books, but I’m happy with the results and it sure is better than going the other direction.
4. I eat a diet that is 100% gluten free and mostly vegan. I’m not crazy about sugar. Nuts are my weakness. And wine.
5. I worked my way through college, graduate school, and even my first few years of teaching as a waitress and bartender. I kind of miss working in the restaurant industry.
I am sooo excited about QuiltCon, by the way. I only got into two classes before they sold out, but they are good ones, and I can’t wait for all the other events. (Look for me in my Desperately Seeking Susan outfit at the ’80s dance party.) If you are going, be sure to say hi!
10 Responses to “QuiltCon Link Party ~ 5 Things About Me”